Photo

The Mandy Rose photo that has everyone seeing Trish Stratus including Stratus herself

11 replies to this topic

#1 vick18

vick18

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

20170908_Trish_Split--6e54de7501dd3c48b7

No, Trish Stratus has not come out of retirement to compete in NXT. However, if you scrolled through the NXT Instagram account Thursday night, you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

That’s because a photo of NXT Superstar Mandy Rose is drawing beaucoup comparisons to the WWE Hall of Famer and seven-time WWE Women’s Champion — and even Stratus herself admitted to being momentarily confused.

The pic in question was taken at NXT Live in Rochester, N.Y., and shows Rose alongside her tag team partner for the evening, Mae Young Classic competitor Vanessa Bourne. Members of the NXT Universe quickly pointed out the undeniable likeness that Rose, a former star of Tough Enough and Total Divas, bears to Stratus, and Trish didn’t disagree:

MTV1An7.png

Rose seemed quite flattered by the comparison (how couldn’t she be when being likened to Stratus, one of the most influential Superstars of her generation?) and revealed that Trish is nothing less than an inspiration to her:

8q4dtKl.png

Stratus additionally joked that she thought the photo was, in fact, a screenshot of her playable character from the upcoming 2K release, WWE 2K18:

h2A0Uq1.png

Mandy clearly has the look down, but can the NXT blue-chip prospect — who posted big numbers in last week’s NXT Combine — soon garner comparisons to Trish inside the ring, too?

#2 Hitomi

Hitomi

Foxxy Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,819 posts
  • Interests:Maxine, Foxsana, Jacqueline, Shaniqua & Jazz

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

They NEED to start using her on NXT tv or just call her up already. She have the look, charisma, in-ring skills and specially mic skills.

#3 Red Devil

Red Devil

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,232 posts
  • Interests:Football
    Kickboxing
    Video games

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:34 AM

They NEED to start using her on NXT tv or just call her up already. She have the look, charisma, in-ring skills and specially mic skills.

I agree. I've seen clips of her from house shows, wrestling and cutting promos. Her crowd work is good, and her heel antics during matches get a decent reaction as well. If they can use Liv Morgan and Aliyah on TV, they can use Mandy.

#4 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

UD's Official Mini Cass

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24,120 posts
  • Interests:Being A Super Mod Boss and putting people in their places making statements at anyone's expense!!!

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

Can we say a Class of 2018 call up to the Main Roster would have a nice ring to it!

#5 Lisa

Lisa

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,376 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

Wow she does resemble Trish in that pic. Not enough to think it was Trish, but yeah I see it. From what I've seen of Mandy shes not bad in the ring, and her character is developing nicely.

#6 GoofyGreekGuy

GoofyGreekGuy

Dawn's Disciple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

I'm surprised Mandy isn't on the main roster already.

#7 Janine

Janine

Ms.Seth Rollins

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 44,952 posts
  • Interests:Helping Animals, Wrestling, NASCAR, Country Music

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

I am surprised that WWE did not call her to the MR right after TE TBH. But it is good that WWE want her to get experience at NXT first. That is better than throwing her on the MR and winding up like Ashley Massaro and Eva Marie. I am glad WWE is taking the route with her that they are now. I think it will work out better. 

I think she and Trish could pull off being twins. She does need to be featured on NXT more often, maybe once Ember and Asuka hit the MR she will be. 

#8 jratha

jratha

Candice Fan for Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • Interests:Coming Soon

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Wow that photo does look like a comparison to trish. When I saw mandy live last year against asuka, she seem like she can hang. Way better than sonya deville. They should call her up or least be a mouthpiece for another debuting superstar.

#9 GoofyGreekGuy

GoofyGreekGuy

Dawn's Disciple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,818 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

I am surprised that WWE did not call her to the MR right after TE TBH. But it is good that WWE want her to get experience at NXT first. That is better than throwing her on the MR and winding up like Ashley Massaro and Eva Marie. I am glad WWE is taking the route with her that they are now. I think it will work out better. 

I think she and Trish could pull off being twins. She does need to be featured on NXT more often, maybe once Ember and Asuka hit the MR she will be. 

Ember and Mandy have good chemistry. I'd have them feud.

#10 Janine

Janine

Ms.Seth Rollins

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 44,952 posts
  • Interests:Helping Animals, Wrestling, NASCAR, Country Music

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

That would be a good one. And this is kinda funny

https://www.instagra.../p/BY1zK6DhH5o/

lol

#11 Red Devil

Red Devil

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,232 posts
  • Interests:Football
    Kickboxing
    Video games

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

That would be a good one. And this is kinda funny

https://www.instagra.../p/BY1zK6DhH5o/

lol

942691.jpg?b64lines=WU9VIENBTiBBQ1RVQUxM

#12 FANTOMEX

FANTOMEX

CERO MIEDO!

• Fedders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,936 posts
  • Interests:All things Lucha Underground.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Good lookin woman but not even a blip on the Trishdar...ESPECIALLY Trish in her prime.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users